We are United Kingdom Software Measurement Association (UKSMA), a not for profit group incorporated in the United Kingdom as a company limited by guarantee (registration number: 02779200) whose registered address is at;
82 Balcombe Avenue
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office and our data protection registration number is ZA364268
UKSMA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In the event that we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy can change from time to time so that UKSMA remains compliant with any relevant legislation and when doing so this page will be updated. Therefore, it is important that you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Information and Data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Company name
- your contact information including email address
- demographic information such as country, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to surveys, conferences, papers or workshops
How we use this information or data
Information we collect helps us to understand your interest in metrics and measurements and provide you with a better membership experience or potential membership service. We also use information to understand what interests or requirements members, potential members or individuals have in terms of us organising conferences, workshops or other resources, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Using the information to improve our membership services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about upcoming conferences, workshops, presentations, meetings, tools or other information relating to metrics and measurements which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- There may be occasions when we need to use your information to contact you for the purposes of conducting surveys on these topics. Or your views on membership for example or to collect opinions on how to improve this website to keep it relevant to those with an interest in metrics and measurements. Such contact with you will be by email.
The Security measure we take to keep information and data safe
UKSMA is consistently and constantly committed to ensuring that any information provided is secure. We collect only the minimum data needed. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures and controls to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. Note however, that once you have used these links to leave our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. As with all links to external sites you are advised to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Any information given in respect of this membership is for the sole use of UKSMA.
The information will only be used to keep you informed of UKSMA activities, and the events and news that UKSMA believe to be of interest to its members.
Under no circumstances will your information be passed on to any third party. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write email us as soon as possible, to:
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.